Promoting a culture of human rights through community mobilization, capacity building and active responses to human rights violations.
The Board of Trustees of ROHR Zimbabwe wishes to notify its members within and outside Zimbabwe, stakeholders, funding partners, civil society members, human rights defenders, the media, government arms, state arms and other relevant stakeholders that consequent to a Board meeting held on the 7th and 8th of July 2011 in Harare, it was resolved that Ephraim Tapa Former President, Tichanzii Gandanga and Ray Muzenda are no longer representatives of ROHR Zimbabwe. The three were expelled from the Board of Trustees and therefore they cannot legally represent ROHR Zimbabwe in any capacity or enter into any agreement on behalf of ROHR.
ROHR Zimbabwe board of Trustees will not assume any legal liability on any agreements entered into by Ephraim Tapa, Ray Muzenda and Tichanzii Gandanga purportedly on behalf of ROHR Zimbabwe.
The organization continues to work tirelessly to achieve its founding aims and objectives to build a culture of respecting human rights.
The Chairperson of the organisation extends gratitude to all the stakeholders for standing with ROHR on the ongoing support.
- Promoting a culture of human rights through community mobilization, capacity building and active responses to human rights violations.
- To promote and protect justice, and human rights in Zimbabwe.
- To provide a platform through which civil society engages with each other and with state institutions to
debate on issues relating to human rights and justice.
- To popularize the need for justice and human rights at all times in Zimbabwe.
- To encourage and advocate for the highest standards of human rights and justice among Zimbabweans.
- To conduct conferences, workshops, seminars, study programmes, research, educational campaigns and such other publicity campaigns and activities aimed at promoting justice and human rights among Zimbabweans.
- To establish ties with the media and to ensure publicity campaigns to broaden public awareness of human rights and justice in Zimbabwe.
- To advocate against human rights abuses.
- To campaign against impunity for those who violate human rights.
- To encourage participation by members of the public in governance issues including their constitutional rights.
- To facilitate mobilization for the administration and operational activities of the project.
- To network with other civic organizations that share the same objectives and values nationally, regionally and internationally.
- To represent the interests and opinions of its members nationally, regionally and globally.
- To do any or all such other things which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the aims and objectives of the Restoration Of Human Rights.
Membership is open to anyone who subscribes to the aims and objectives of the organization.
- Solidarity Partners
- Honorary members appointed by the trustee
Our Head Office Address is:
We are in the process of moving addresses in Harare. We will advise once we have completed all necessary formalities.
65 Riddings Road
Tel: +447429654465, +447538534375
Who’s who in ROHR Zimbabwe Board of Trustees
Paradzai Mapfumo: Chairperson & International Director
Edgar Shingai Chikuvire: Founder; Board Secretary
Delina Mutyambizi: Treasurer
Panyika Anselm Karimanzira: Spokesperson
Billie Nedie: Board Member
National Coordinating Committee – Zimbabwe Chapter
National Coordinator- Vacancy
National Coordinating Committee- United Kingdom Chapter
UK Chapter office bearers: – Click here
Finance Committee: TBA
Management committee: TBA