18 April 2017
ROHR Zimbabwe Midlands Branch Committee Teleconference Meeting Monday 17th April, 2017 (Report)
Chairperson: Tsungirirai Kahiya,
Vice Chairperson: Olive Ruvimbo Ruzvidzo, Treasurer: Grace Makoni,
Organising Secretary: Lungile Dlodlo,
Information & Publicity: Chinofunga Ndoga,
Secretary: Nicolate Gwati,
Deputy Information & Publicity: Agnes Mugumbe,
Fundraising Committee Member: Lovemore Patrick Mzondo.
Teleconference Started at: 18:00hrs
Agenda of meeting:
- Duties of committee members
- Communication of committee members
- Fundraiser to be held in Nottingham on the 6th of May 2017
- All committee members present were made aware of their roles and responsibilities (duties) so there would be no confusion between each other when carrying out organisational tasks.
- We discussed on the issue of holding regular committee meetings and due to the distance between committee members (Midlands branch has members of the committee who live in Leicester, Northampton, Coventry and Nottingham) the only solution is to hold meetings by teleconference, however with the aim to at least be able to meet physically once a month at a suitable venue for all.
- It was also highlighted that if committee members miss 3 meetings they will be stripped of their positions but consideration will be given to extenuating circumstances.
- It was also raised during the teleconference call that we should plan a ROHR Zimbabwe Midlands Event Calendar in advance. This gives the opportunity for community members in different cities within the Midlands to look for cheap potential venues for holding meetings.
- It was also highlighted that we do not have a Gender Secretary and we concluded that we would consider filling this post when the need arose
- We spoke about how we can engage former members of ROHR Zimbabwe residing in the Midlands Region of the United Kingdom to get them back active again.
- We spoke about the fundraiser event which would include a barbecue being hosted in Nottingham on the 06th of May 2017.
- Vice Chairperson Olive Ruvimbo Ruzvidzo pledged to provide all the vegetables required at the fundraiser event.
- Nicolate Gwati will be responsible for getting in touch with former members of ROHR Zimbabwe to encourage them to attend the fundraiser event on the 06th of May 2017.
- Chinofunga Ndoga to locate historical member lists to pass onto Nicolate Gwati in order to action point 1 above.
- Nicolate Gwati to send committee members a photo of the proposed barbecue stand to be used at the fundraiser event
- Nicolate Gwati to speak the contact at the proposed venue for the fundraiser with the aim of extending the lock up time to 21:00hrs
- Olive Ruvimbo Ruzvidzo to research on meat prices so the committee can decide on the amount of meat to be bought
Teleconference Finished at 19:00 hrs.
Secretary ROHR Zimbabwe UK Chapter Midlands Branch
Cover Picture:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/rohr_zimbabwe__manchester/32884503274/in/album-72157680010865281/