The Board of Trustees of Restoration of Human Rights (ROHR) Zimbabwe held a Board Meeting on Saturday 18th January 2020 following which we announce as follows;-
- The former Chairperson and founding member of ROHR Zimbabwe, Grace Sinikiwe Mupfurutsa resigned on 3rd January 2020. Her resignation was accepted by the Board of Trustees on 18th January 2020 at a Board meeting.
- The former Vice Chairperson and founding member of ROHR Zimbabwe, Ronald Mureverwi resigned on 3rd January 2020. His resignation was accepted by the Board of Trustees on 18th January 2020 at a Board meeting.
- At the Board meeting of 18th January 2020, Paradzai Mapfumo was elected as the new Chairperson of the Board of Trustees. He will also continue in his role as International Director – Coordinator until further notice.
- The Board of Trustees would like to thank Grace Sinikiwe Mupfurutsa and Ronald Mureverwi for their contribution to the organization since its founding in 2007.
- The Board of Trustees will identify potential new Board members who will be appointed to the Board of Trustees in due course.
- The Board of Trustees will be embarking on a re-branding exercise which will include the likelihood of a new Constitution and putting in place necessary policies to guide the organization’s functions and activities. The Board of Trustees will consult members during the Constitution making process.
With effect from 18th January 2020, the current Board of Trustees of ROHR Zimbabwe is lined up as follows;-
Paradzai Mapfumo: Chairperson & International Director – Coordinator
Edgar Shingai Chikuvire – Founder; Board Secretary
Delina Tafadzwa Mutyambizi – Treasurer
Panyika Anselm Karimanzira – Spokesperson
Inserted by: Spokesperson