10th June 2017
ROHR Zimbabwe Manchester/Liverpool Branch Meeting Saturday 10th June, 2017 (Report)
Isheanesu Mutyambizi, Robert Chilowa, Primrose Ngwenya, Mary Chabvamuperu, Farai Nhakaniso, Masline Xavier, Magadeline Moyo, Deborah Jandles, Thobekile Gumbo, Shelton Mhlanga
Karen Nhakaniso, Delina Mutyambizi, Silvanos Mudzvova, Lorraine Mudjgiwa, Panyika Karimanzira, Tabeth Mabiza-Nhakaniso
Meeting Started at: 14:11hrs
Agenda of meeting:
- Discuss and plan for upcoming protest
- Discuss how we can work together with the organisation: Women for Justice Arise
- Travel arrangements to Leicester for “Take2Zimbabwe Protest”
- Zimbabwe Opposition Political Party Invitations to our ROHR Zimbabwe UK Chapter events
- Farai Nhakaniso (acting Chairperson for the meeting) welcomed everyone, with a special mention to the two representatives from WOJA (Women for Justice Arise).
- Deborah Jandles of WOJA presented on the aims and objectives of WOJA and how it was founded. She also highlighted on their accomplishments to date and also touched on their plans going forward.
- Shelton Mhlanga expressed the need for people to come in numbers to the demonstration (protest) organised by Restoration of Human Rights Zimbabwe Midlands Branch & Zimbabwe Human Rights Organisation being held in Leicester. The protest was coinciding with Refugee Week which was also being hosted in Leicester on the 17/06/2017.
- Farai Nhakaniso led the discussion on how we as a branch can invite Zimbabwe Opposition Political Parties to our events and even to our Branch Meetings.
- To work more with WOJA and invite them to every event we take part as we are of the same cause
- Farai Nhakaniso to arrange travelling arrangements with those departing from Manchester and Shelton Mhlanga to arrange travel arrangements with those travelling from Leeds – all going to the Leicester event on the 17/06/2017.
Meeting adjourned at 15:55 hrs.
To view pictures taken at the event follow link below:
Secretary ROHR Zimbabwe UK Chapter Manchester/Liverpool Branch